|In order to participate in experiments conducted by researchers at USI, a person has to register online (https://orsee.usi.edu/orsee/public)
Note that signing up for an experiment commits you to attend the experiment, to arrive ON TIME for the experiment, and to be available the entire duration of the experiment (i.e., you cannot arrive late or leave early).
If you realize, after you have signed up, that you are unable to make it, please contact us as soon as possible so that we can find a replacement.
It is VERY IMPORTANT that you use your legal name when signing up for experiments. If we believe that you may not be using your legal name, you will be asked to provide your student ID when you arrive at the experiment to prove your identity. If you misrepresent yourself in any way, you will not be allowed to participate in any experiments and further actions may be taken. We take this policy very seriously.
- For each experiment, a certain number of registered persons will get an invitation email. Only the invited persons have the right to take part in the experiment.
- In case you get an email which invites you to participate in a particular experiment, you have to answer positively to this email in order to be able to take part in the experiment. By doing so, you indicate your commitment to participate.
- During an experiment, we ask you to follow the rules described to you by the experimenter. If you are disruptive, the experimenter reserves the right to ask you to leave immediately. In this case, you will not be paid.
- If all participants who signed up do not show up for the experiment, the experiment may be cancelled. This is why it is very important to attend your scheduled session.
- Usually, participation will be compensated in cash. The amount depends on the participant's and other participants' decisions during the experiment.
- To ensure that only those people who have been invited and who positively answered to the invitation email take part in the experiment, participants must carry a photo id (e.g. student ID) with them.
For questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.